Behaviour Change Skills: Complete Package – All 3 Behaviour Change Skills courses
Course 1: Behaviour Change Skills: Person-Centred Communication will introduce you to person-centred communication skills. The course aims to enhance your current practice and provide you with a foundation for more advanced behaviour change skills courses.
On completion of this course, you will be able to
- Describe how person-centred communication skills can be used in an appropriate way,
- Explain how good communication skills can influence everyday practice from both practitioner and patient experience,
- Refer to the evidence that underpins the use of these skills,
- Plan the next steps to implement the skills learnt in practice, and
- Improve patient outcomes.
Course 2: Enhancing Motivation aims to increase knowledge of motivational interviewing, and to practice some of the skills and strategies involved to help influence and facilitate motivation and change.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define motivation and motivational interviewing,
- Describe the principles underlying this approach,
- Identify the skills and strategies required to use motivational interviewing,
- Demonstrate key skills required to use this approach,
- Acknowledge the complexities of influencing motivation, and
- Explore the application of motivational interviewing in practice.
Course 3: Applying CBT in Practice is designed to introduce you to the principles of cognitive behavioural approaches and to teach key cognitive behavioural skills for changing health behaviour.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the principles of cognitive behavioural approaches in the context of modifying health behaviour,
- Identify the main cognitive and behavioural skills and strategies,
- Demonstrate key cognitive and behavioural skills,
- Identify opportunities for applying cognitive behavioural strategies in practice,
- Identify the needs and opportunities for further support.
Behaviour Change Skills: Complete Package – By taking all 3 courses sequentially you will form a firm foundation in behaviour change skills that are applicable to every conversation and every encounter we have with somebody whether verbal or non-verbal, in any clinical setting.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us