Cancer Careers in Nursing elearning Course – To plan a career pathway in cancer nursing
The Cancer Careers in Nursing elearning course offers cancer-specific learning opportunities to registered nurses who provide care to people affected by cancer (PABC) in non-specialist cancer settings including primary, secondary and community services.
These high-quality, interactive and engaging cancer specific learning sessions cover induction, consolidation and on-going development of knowledge and skills in cancer care.
The Cancer Careers in Nursing elearning Course helps nurses to:
- Enhance aspects of care and services for people affected by cancer.
- To plan a career pathway in cancer nursing to achieve career aspirations.
- Aligned to RCN Cancer Nursing Career and Education Framework.
Available to healthcare professionals around the world, the course allows all nurses, regardless of where they interact with PABC, to enhance their practice. Cancer Careers in Nursing provides:
An understanding of cancer and its treatment,
- Education in the basic principles and practice of cancer care,
- Skills in assessing the cancer care needs of patients and families, and
- Training in communication skills.
Aligned to the RCN’s Cancer Nursing Career and Education Framework
The Cancer Careers in Nursing elearning sessions align to the eight learning outcomes of the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) Cancer Nursing Career and Education Framework:
- The context of cancer nursing
- Basic science and treatment of cancer
- Nursing assessment and interventions in the management of people affected by cancer
- Cancer as a chronic illness/supportive and palliative care
- Understanding impact of cancer on the individual, families and health care professionals
- Information and communication in cancer care
- Clinical leadership and resource management of cancer nursing
- Evidence-based and applied research in cancer care
In each session, you will find:
- Background information aimed at developing your knowledge and understanding of cancer and caring for PABC.
- Links to literature and web resources.
- Activities to help test your learning and help you to apply your knowledge to your clinical practice.
- Case studies, focused on the four common cancers, to illustrate key learning points.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.