Cognitive Behavioural Therapies for Psychosis – An online course for mental health and healthcare workers
Psychosis is a term used to describe a mental health condition characterized by a loss of contact with reality. Individuals experiencing psychosis may have difficulty distinguishing what is real from what is not. Symptoms of psychosis can include hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that aren’t there), delusions (false beliefs or ideas), disordered thinking and speech, and impaired functioning.
Several mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, severe depression and certain types of substance use disorders, may exhibit psychosis as a symptom. Additionally certain medical conditions, such as brain tumours or neurological disorders may also cause psychosis.
The Cognitive Behavioural Therapies for Psychosis elearning course gives healthcare professionals around the world the knowledge and skills to deliver competent, evidence-based psychological therapy to people with psychosis.
The high-quality and engaging online course consists of six interactive modules:
- Introduction – The approach to the delivery of CBT for psychosis, which has been evaluated in several clinical trials
- Phase 1 Assessment and Engagement – including case formulation and developing shared goals
- Phase 2a and 2b Verbal and Behavioural Change Strategies
- Phase 3 Longitudinal – the development of a longitudinal formation and longer-term work
- Phase 4 Consolidation – summarising the work done, and consolidating gains made and goals achieved.
Each module includes:
- A self-assessment
- One or more video role plays illustrating the relevant processes, principles and associated strategies.
- Videos are supplemented with additional information including formulations developed within the role play sessions.
- Examples of behavioural experiment forms, problem lists, reviews of evidence for and against specific thoughts and therapy blueprints for staying well.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us