Demand and Capacity elearning Course
Demand and capacity management in healthcare refers to the processes and strategies used to ensure that healthcare services and resources are effectively allocated and utilised to meet the healthcare needs of the population. This involves balancing the demand for healthcare services with the available capacity of healthcare resources. Example: healthcare professionals, facilities and medical equipment.
This elearning course gives healthcare staff around the world the knowledge and skills to better understand demand and to plan sufficient capacity – ensuring patients do not have an unnecessary wait for treatment.
Throughout this engaging, interactive course you will be encouraged to create, and add to, an online action plan. This action plan will be available to you at the end of the course to download and assist you in modelling your own specific pathway or service.
Made to Fit Your Busy Life
- The engaging, interactive content, that’s delivered online, means you can study at home, in work or even on the move.
- Plus, the bitesize modules track your progress, so it’s possible to dip in and out of sessions, as frequently as you need.
- Making this the perfect course to enhance your knowledge and skills even when you have a busy life.
- There is an example of a populated action plan in the resources section to help you complete your own.
- Learn how to better manage treatment demand & capacity.
- Introductory course includes real world action planning exercise.
- Developed by the UK’s leading management specialists.
This introductory course prepares you to model the demand and capacity for your service by providing a shared understanding of bottlenecks and constraints:
- Understand the reasons why waiting lists grow
- Model the required level of capacity to keep pace with demand
- Understand the gap between the required capacity and the current demand of a service
- Calculate the maximum waiting list sizes that are consistent with the clinical pathway milestones
- Model the impact of clearing excess waiting list sizes down to ideal maximum levels
- Identify potential inefficiencies
- Support better decision making around service changes
- Reduce waiting times for patients
This online medical course is made up of four modules:
- Course introduction
- The modelling process
- Modelling implementation checkpoints
- Course summary
The modules must be completed in order but once completed, you can return to a module to review the content again.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us