DIGITAL ESSENTIALS FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS ONLINE COURSE
According to experts, within 20 years most jobs (perhaps as many as 90 per cent) in the healthcare sector will require some element of digital skills. All staff will require some degree of digital literacy. There are reasons to believe that the degree of digital disruption in healthcare may be greater than in any other sector. Healthcare professionals who don’t develop their understanding of new digital technologies and their implications for the sector are likely to get left behind by the digital healthcare revolution.
This course provides an insight into the various different impacts that different digital technologies such as:
- Connectivity and social media
- Cloud computing
- Digital platforms
- Big data analytics
- Artificial intelligence and robotics
- Wearables and connected devices
- 3-D printing
- The internet of things
- Augmented and virtual reality
all of the above have an impact on healthcare and medicine.
This online course covers the following topics:
- Digital – A Major Disruption in Healthcare
- Power of Digitisation in Healthcare
- Impact of Digital Technology in Healthcare
- Realities of Digital Transformation in Healthcare
- Digital Healthcare and Coronavirus
- Digital Disruption in Healthcare Handbook
- Digital Dictionary (PDF)
- Digital Technologies in Healthcare – Short Guide (PDF)
- You’ll learn how by incorporating new digital technologies into even the most mundane and familiar objects used in healthcare every day, they can be transformed into something much more powerful and useful.
- You’ll learn that new technologies bring with them new challenges and unwelcome consequences – including in relation to data privacy, the threat of cyber crime, the risk of false and inaccurate information, and the so-called ‘digital divide’ where certain groups – such as older people and others who are less ‘digitally-literate’ – may be unable to access healthcare services and resources.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us