Genomics Education Programme
The Genomics programme covers a wide range of themes, from bioinformatics through to sample processing, DNA extraction, sequencing, and consent issues.
Suitable for fully qualified professionals and trainees, the content is relevant to doctors, nurses, midwives, clinical workers. It is also relevant to biomedical scientists, histopathologists, public health practitioners and clinical researchers. It has been written and peer-reviewed by subject-matter experts from the UK recognized as a world leader in the genomics field.
Interactive and informative
You can select learning sessions that are relevant to your areas of interest and dip into the content whenever you have a few spare minutes. The modules include film, animation, learner exercises and quizzes to help embed learning and understanding on the key themes. The films include interviews with clinicians, clinical scientists, bioinformaticians and other healthcare professionals, who share their valuable insights.
You can study at home, in work or on the move and fit the learning around your busy working life.
The Genomics Education Programme is arranged into six modules. These are divided into smaller, bite-sized learning segments:
- Genomics 101: Genomics in Healthcare:
- Discover the fundamentals of genomics
- what can be learned from studying the genome
- how this can be used to guide clinical care (30 minutes).
- Genomics 101: Taking and Drawing a Genetic Family History: This short interactive course demonstrates
- what a genetic family history is
- why it is important
- how it is drawn
- how to read it (30 minutes).
- Public Health Masterclass: Genomics in Healthcare: Learn from the experts in this video-based course discussing how genomics is driving change in key areas of public health (3 hours).
- Introduction to Bioinformatics: Discover the principles and practices of clinical bioinformatics, key challenges in the field and the problems it can help to solve (90 minutes).
- Sample Processing and DNA Extraction: This video-based course covers best practice for processing blood and tumour samples for the 100,000 Genomes Project (60 minutes).
- 100,000 Genomes Project: Preparing for the Consent Conversation: Learn the key steps of
- consent process
- how to prepare for the discussion
- address patients concerns or questions. (90 minutes).
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.