Geriatric Medicine (MCE)
The Geriatric Medicine elearning programme is a selection of online media to help health & care staff to provide better care for older people.
The programme provides learners around the world, with information on the acute presentation of illness in older people, anaesthesia, dementia care and multi-professional care presented in the form of elearning sessions and podcasts.
The interactive, online learning sessions use a variety of case studies, guidance and learning frameworks, covering topics such as falls, dementia & Alzheimer’s disease, pressure ulcers and discharge planning. Developed in partnership with the British Geriatrics Society, the programme brings together a wide range of high-quality online learning resources, related to the care of older people, into one place.
- An online library of resources related to Geriatric Medicine.
- Suitable for all health & care professional caring for older people.
- Collated in partnership with UK’s top clinical specialists.
The programme is made up of 11 modules, each consisting of number of sessions. The programme also includes a number of excellent podcasts covering a variety of topics. Other modules cover topics such as:
– Orthogeriatrics and peri-operative medicine in older people
– Carer Support and Care
– Elder Abuse / Safeguarding older adults
– Discharge Planning
– Pressure Ulcers / Skin Care
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.