Heart Failure and Heart Valve Disease elearning Course
These are two separate but related medical conditions that affect the heart’s ability to function properly.
This online medical course gives health and care professionals a comprehensive understanding heart failure and heart valve disease.
The engaging, interactive sessions develop health and care professionals’ knowledge about heart failure and heart valve disease — including information relating to diagnosis and the optimisation of management.
- Better understanding the condition.
- Suitable for clinicians in primary and community care settings, including GPs.
- Developed in partnership with UK’s top clinical specialists.
The elearning sessions cover:
- What is the medical condition, what are the causes and why is it important
- How to diagnose and key issues in an echo report
- How to optimise management in primary care
- The anatomy and physiology of heart valves, as well as the epidemiology of common types of heart valve disease
- The diagnosis and the initial management in primary care
- Indications, surgical and transcatheter treatments and the follow-up required
- The diagnosis and management of endocarditis in primary care
- The management of heart failure in secondary care
- Cardiovascular disease prevention and rehabilitation with a focus on secondary prevention
- Transforming heart failure care across your Primary Care Network
Available to healthcare professionals around the world, it is ideal for clinicians in primary and community care settings, including GPs.
How You Will Benefit from this Course
Sessions take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Learners are asked to complete assessments on key learning points and may download a certificate on completion of each session, to demonstrate continuing professional development.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.