Ionising Radiation Regulations: Interactive Learning for Healthcare Professionals who request or use Diagnostic X-rays
X-rays, alpha particles, and beta particles are radiations that have the ability to penetrate matter and can cause damage to biological tissues, including DNA damage that may lead to cancer or other health effects. Hence the Ionising Radiation Regulation online medical course to help protect professionals by educating them about the safety precautions and regulations.
e-IRMER online medical course is designed for clinical staff who use X-rays, nuclear medicine or radiotherapy for the diagnosis or treatment of patients. It is relevant to doctors, nurses, radiographers and clinical technologists globally.
- Meets UK theoretical training requirements under IRMER regulations
- Essential learning for clinicians, nurses and radiographers who use ionising radiation, nuclear medicine or radiotherapy
- Study online and fit the training around your busy life
e-IRMER online medical course modules
- Fundamental Physics of Radiation
- Radiation Protection
- Legal Requirements
- Diagnostic Radiology
e-IRMER online medical course themes
- Interpretation of the regulations
- The basic physics associated with ionising radiations
- The risks associated with ionising radiations
- The radio-biological effects of exposure to ionising radiations
- The production of X-rays
- The applications of ionising radiations for diagnostic X-ray imaging (nuclear medicine to follow)
- Practical examples of how to reduce patients exposures to ionising radiations
- Practical examples of the roles of duty holders
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.