Mental Health e-Learning Programme
Mental health disorders are now one of the main healthcare problems across the world. This programme aims to equip healthcare professionals with vital skills and strategies to help a patient experiencing problems, such as depression, anxiety or bipolar.
Highly interactive learning for practitioners globally
This online medical course features many interactive elements, such as clinical case studies, diagrams and self-assessment questions to help embed learning and foster deeper understanding. There are also links to further reading for more advanced learning on mental health issues.
- Relevant to health and social care professionals globally
- Produced by clinical experts in the UK
- Dynamic and engaging content, with videos, case studies and questions
This programme is arranged into two modules: Mental Health Awareness and the Mental Capacity Act. These modules are divided into bite-sized learning sessions, with each taking around 20 to 30 minutes to complete. You can dip into the content whenever you choose and recap any material as needed.
Module 1: Mental Health Awareness
This interactive programme consists of a number of modules covering:
- Mental health awareness for healthcare professionals
- Perinatal mental health
- Mental health in emergency medicine
- Mental health for practice nurses.
These sessions cover issues such as misuse of alcohol or drugs, medication for mental health and care planning.
Module 2: the Mental Capacity Act
This module consists of sessions covering topics such as:
- The MCA as part of human rights
- Assessing mental capacity
- Planning ahead using the MCA
- Patient best interests
- Deprivation of Liberty and the relationship between the MCA
- The MHA.
Additional sessions cover the MCA and young people aged 16 or 17, research involving people who lack capacity, the Mental Capacity Act and adult safeguarding and finally settling disputes and disagreements.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.