e-RADS – Radiation Safety for Staff elearning Course
The e-RADS Radiation Safety for Staff is a high-quality, interactive, elearning course supporting the training of non-radiological staff exposed to ionising radiation
The course is ideal for non-specialist staff who do not normally work with ionising radiation
s – including ward and theatre staff, porters, cleaners and mortuary staff. It also provides a useful introductory/refresher resource for trainees and colleagues working in departments using ionising radiation s.
- Supports the training of non-radiological staff exposed to ionising radiations.
- Ideal for all non-specialist staff who do not normally work with ionising radiations
- Developed by the UK’s leading radiologists.
e-RADS Radiation Safety for Staff covers basic radiation safety for healthcare professionals who come into contact with patients undergoing medical exposure to ionising radiation.
Its engaging, interactive content approach provides you with the information, knowledge and understanding of the different types of radiation sources that can be used within the hospital environment to enhance your safety.
Topics covered in e-RADS include:
- Radiotherapy, including external beam, brachytherapy and unsealed source therapy.
- Diagnostic imaging using X-rays, including planar imaging and fluoroscopy.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic nuclear medicine.
- Interventional radiology and cardiology.
e-RADS provides you with an understanding of the types of controls in place to warn of the radiation hazards, the monitoring available for some staff and the protective devices or methods used to keep doses As Low As Reasonably Possible (ALARP). The differences between the risks associated with high dose therapies and lower dose diagnostic uses of radiation and the difference between radioactive substances and X-rays are also considered.
You’ll gain a better perspective on the magnitude of the radiation risks involved, which are often low when diagnosis and therapy involving ionising radiation is undertaken in a well-controlled manner.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.