During the Renal Medicine course, you can explore the causes, possible complications, treatment and management of these conditions. Using interactive features, such as videos, animations and self-assessment exercises, you can build both your learning and understanding on key themes. The sessions enable you to build core knowledge in preparation for lectures and practical work helping to deliver enhanced learning outcomes.
- Comprehensive coverage of acute kidney injury (AKI) and chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Features highly interactive content, with high-resolution images, videos and animations
- Relevant to healthcare professionals globally
Module 1: Acute Kidney Injury
This module covers the diagnosis and management of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI), which occurs in around five per cent of hospital admissions.
The module describes how to:
- Determine the causes of AKI
- Manage this condition
- Deal with the life-threatening complication of hyperkalaemia
- Correctly resuscitate and manage fluid balance
Module 2: Chronic Kidney Disease
This module focuses on:
- The assessment and management of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Strategies to delay CKD progression
- The investigation and management of hypertension
- The treatment of cardiovascular risk factors in CKD
Additionally, you can access sessions on renovascular disease, diabetic nephropathy, the medical treatment of complications relating to advanced chronic kidney disease including the pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of renal mineral bone disease, and the pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of renal anaemia.
The module also includes two sessions on the effects of commonly used drugs in CKD and safe prescribing in a patient with the condition.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.