The Sepsis elearning elearning programme helps healthcare professionals to spot the early signs, provide timely treatment and ultimately save lives. The programme is suitable for a very wide range of healthcare professionals globally, including general practitioners, hospital doctors, nurses, community midwives and paramedics.
This elearning course modules cover a very broad range of themes, from sepsis in children through to the elderly, and complex issues such as maternity and neutropenia.
- Suitable for all healthcare professionals globally
- Interactive and engaging, with videos, case studies and questions
- Written by leading clinical experts in the UK
You can review clinical data and medical histories for patients using case studies and build your confidence and skills in diagnosing the condition. You can also watch interviews with the parents of affected children helping you to put the learning into a real-world context.
This is an invaluable learning resource that will help you play your part in improving the diagnoses and positive outcomes for patients.
This programme is arranged into three discrete modules:
- Adult Sepsis
- Childhood Sepsis
- Complex Issues and Future Developments
- Care Homes and the Frail Elderly
- Assessment and Differential Diagnosis
- Management of Patient
- Pathophysiology of Sepsis and Multiple Organ Failure
- Pathophysiology of Sepsis
- Managing Sepsis
Sepsis in Paediatrics:
This case-based module is aimed at supporting clinicians in the recognition and treatment of children and involves the stories of three children, their assessment, experiences and treatment.
The learning sessions include:
- The general principles for the safe assessment of a sick child
- Components of the consultation and assessment
- Specific factors to be considered in primary and secondary care settings
- Interpretation of investigations amongst others
The training is supported by a course summary sheet and a workbook that can contribute to a learner’s continuous professional development (CPD).
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.