Difference Between Endoscopy And Gastroscopy
ENDOSCOPE AND GASTROSCOPE
gastroscopy vs endoscopy are two types of medical instruments used for visualizing the inside of the body, but they differ in their different applications:
What is Endoscopy?
Endoscopy is a tool for diagnosing and for treating various medical conditions. During an endoscopy, a flexible tube with a light and camera attached to it. This helps to see inside the body and examine various organs and structures. Endoscopies are used for screening and detecting.
Types of Endoscopy Include:
1. Gastroscopy: Examination of the stomach and upper part of the small intestine.
2. Colonoscopy: Examination of the large intestine and rectum.
3. Bronchoscopy: Examination of the airways and lungs.
4. Cystoscopy: Examination of the bladder and urinary tract.
5. Laparoscopy: Examination of the abdominal or pelvic cavity using
” Enroll Now: Endoscopy Certificate Course “
Signs Of Endoscopy
- Acid Reflux
- frequent Nausea
- Gastrointestinal disorder
- Abdominal Pain
What is Gastroscopy?
During a gastroscopy procedure, the gastroscope is inserted through the mouth and passed down the throat into the stomach. Gastroscopy, performed using a gastroscope, is commonly used to diagnose conditions such as ulcers, gastritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gastroscopes are typically longer and thinner than other endoscopes
- This allows them to navigate through the narrow passages of the upper GI tract.
” Enroll Now: ICU Echo Ultrasound Course “
Signs of Gastroscopy:
- upper abdominal pain
- unexpected weightloss
- Nausea or vomiting
- Gastrointertestial bleeding
- Difficult to swallow
Difference Between Endoscope And Gastroscope
- An endoscope is a flexible tube with a light source and a camera at its tip. It allows healthcare providers to visualize the interior of various organs and structures within the body.
- Endoscopes come in different types and sizes, depending on the area of the body being examined. They can be used to examine the gastrointestinal tract, the respiratory tract (bronchoscopy), the urinary tract (cystoscopy), the reproductive organs (hysteroscopy), and other regions.
- Endoscopes are versatile instruments that can be used for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
Precautions Under Endoscopy Procedure:-
- Medication Adjustments
- Allergy and Medical History
- Wear Comfortable Clothing
- Clear Communication
Fasting For A Certain Period: You Need To Prepare
- Fasting: you will be asked to fast for a certain period before the procedure, usually for 6 to 8 hours.
- Medication: the health provider may ask to stop taking other medications if undergoing.
- Allergies and Medical History: you will be asked if you have any medical history.
- Clothing: Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Clear Communication: Communicate openly with your healthcare provider about any concerns or Questions
- A gastroscope is a specific type of endoscope designed for examining the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach.
- Gastroscopes are typically longer and thinner than other types of endoscopes.
- Gastroscopy, performed using a gastroscope, is commonly used to diagnose conditions such as ulcers, gastritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), tumors, and other abnormalities in the upper GI tract.
- During gastroscopy procedure, the gastroscope is inserted through the mouth and passed down the throat into the stomach allowing for direct visualization of these structures.
Precautions Need To Be Take In Gastroscopy
- Medical history: you will be asked for any allergies or medical history you have.
- Pre-procedure precautions: your health provider may ask for to stop taking any medications before.
- Clothing: don’t wear any tight clothing during the gastroscopy process.
- Avoid alcohol: you will be asked to avoid drinking in the gastroscopy process.
- Post-procedure care: your health provider may ask for the dietary restrictions if necessary.
Conclusion: Gastroscopy vs Endoscopy
Both gastroscope and endoscope are invaluable medical instruments that are used to view the interior of the body and diagnose various conditions.
A gastroscope is a specific type of endoscope designed to examine the upper gastrointestinal tract
On the other hand, an endoscope is a versatile instrument that is used to view and access various organs and structures throughout the body.
Both devices play an important role in modern medicine, allowing early detection, accurate diagnosis, and effective treatment of a wide variety of medical conditions.