Cancer Careers in Nursing elearning Course
- Enhance aspects of care and services for people affected by cancer.
- To plan a career pathway in cancer nursing to achieve career aspirations.
- Aligned to RCN Cancer Nursing Career and Education Framework.
The Cancer Careers in Nursing elearning course offers cancer-specific learning opportunities to registered nurses who provide care to people affected by cancer (PABC) in non-specialist cancer settings – including primary, secondary and community services. These high-quality, interactive and engaging cancer specific learning sessions cover induction, consolidation and on-going development of knowledge and skills in cancer care.
Written by the UK’s Top Clinical SpecialistsThis online training has been developed in the UK by the RM Partners West London Cancer Alliance, the University of Sterling, the University of Huddersfield and Health Education England elearning for healthcare. This course meets the highest training standards and offers a world-class elearning experience.
Made to Fit Your Busy LifeThe engaging, interactive content, that’s delivered online, means you can study at home, in work or even on the move. Plus, the bitesize modules track your progress, so it’s possible to dip in and out of sessions, and allow you to access them in any order, as frequently as you need. Making this the perfect course to enhance your knowledge and skills even when you have a busy life. Available to healthcare professionals around the world, the course allows all nurses, regardless of where they interact with PABC, to enhance their practice. Cancer Careers in Nursing provides:
An understanding of cancer and its treatment,
- Education in the basic principles and practice of cancer care,
- Skills in assessing the cancer care needs of patients and families, and
- Training in communication skills.
Aligned to the RCN’s Cancer Nursing Career and Education FrameworkThe Cancer Careers in Nursing elearning sessions align to the eight learning outcomes of the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) Cancer Nursing Career and Education Framework:
- The context of cancer nursing
- Basic science and treatment of cancer
- Nursing assessment and interventions in the management of people affected by cancer
- Cancer as a chronic illness/supportive and palliative care
- Understanding impact of cancer on the individual, families and health care professionals
- Information and communication in cancer care
- Clinical leadership and resource management of cancer nursing
- Evidence-based and applied research in cancer care
In each session, you will find:
- Background information aimed at developing your knowledge and understanding of cancer and caring for PABC.
- Links to literature and web resources.
- Activities to help test your learning and help you to apply your knowledge to your clinical practice.
- Case studies, focused on the four common cancers, to illustrate key learning points.