Heart Failure and Heart Valve Disease elearning Course
- Better understanding heart failure and heart valve disease.
- Suitable for clinicians in primary and community care settings, including GPs.
- Developed in partnership with UK’s top clinical specialists.
The Heart Failure and Heart Valve Disease elearning course gives health and care professionals a comprehensive understanding heart failure and heart valve disease. The engaging, interactive sessions develop health and care professionals’ knowledge about heart failure and heart valve disease — including information relating to diagnosis and the optimisation of management.
Written by the UK’s Top Clinical SpecialistsThis online training has been developed in the UK by the British Heart Valve Association, NHS England and NHS Improvement, and Health Education England elearning for healthcare. This course meets the highest training standards and offers a world-class elearning experience.
Made to Fit Your Busy LifeThe engaging, interactive content, that’s delivered online, means you can study at home, in work or even on the move. Plus, the bitesize modules track your progress, so it’s possible to dip in and out of sessions, and allow you to access them in any order, as frequently as you need. Making this the perfect course to enhance your knowledge and skills even when you have a busy life. The elearning sessions cover:
- What are heart failure and heart valve disease, what are the causes and why is it important
- How to diagnose and key issues in an echo report
- How to optimise management of heart failure and heart valve disease in primary care
- The anatomy and physiology of heart valves, as well as the epidemiology of common types of heart valve disease
- The diagnosis and the initial management of heart failure and heart valve disease in primary care
- Indications of heart valve disease, surgical and transcatheter treatments and the follow-up required
- The diagnosis and management of endocarditis in primary care
- The management of heart failure in secondary care
- Cardiovascular disease prevention and rehabilitation with a focus on secondary prevention
- Transforming heart failure care across your Primary Care Network