Radiation Protection for Cardiology elearning Course
- Provides trainee cardiologists comprehensive introductory course on IRMER.
- Engaging, practical examples drawn from the cardiac catheter laboratory.
- Developed by the UK’s leading radiographers & cardiologists.
The Radiation Protection for Cardiology elearning course is a high-quality and comprehensive introductory course on IRMER ideal for trainee cardiologists. Available to healthcare professionals around the world, the interactive course also provides experienced cardiologists with a useful refresher or a means of demonstrating continuing education. Updated in 2020, the engaging course includes the new Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) and Ionising Radiation [Medical Exposure] Regulations (IR[ME]R). The engaging interactive course includes examples and photographs taken from the working environment. Later sessions explore other imaging techniques relevant to cardiologists (for example, CT, MR and ultrasound) and provide an introduction to topics such as the use of nuclear medicine in specialised cardiology training. An assessment is included at the end of each session and a certificate is issued on completion of the course.
Written by the UK’s Top Clinical SpecialistsThis online training has been developed in the UK by the British Institute of Radiology (BIR) in collaboration with representatives from the Royal College of Physicians’ Specialist Advisory Committee in Cardiology, scientists involved in the delivery of radiation protection courses for cardiologists, clinicians, radiographers and Health Education England elearning for healthcare. This course meets the highest training standards and offers a world-class elearning experience.
Made to Fit Your Busy LifeThe engaging, interactive content, that’s delivered online, means you can study at home, in work or even on the move. Plus, the bitesize modules track your progress, so it’s possible to dip in and out of sessions, and allow you to access them in any order, as frequently as you need. Making this the perfect course to enhance your knowledge and skills even when you have a busy life.
How You will Benefit from this CourseThe course consists of six 30-minute sessions:
- Principles of Ionising Radiation
- Practical Methods for Optimisation
- Patient Safety Regulations
- Staff Safety Regulations
- Alternative Imaging Modalities
- Use of Contrast Agents The Radiation Protection for Cardiology elearning course is ideal for cardiologists – with practical examples drawn from the cardiac catheterisation laboratory.