Laser Safety – An Essential, Cost-Effective e-Learning resource for Clinicians and Aesthetic Practitioners
Laser Safety online medical course is a high-quality, online learning resource that covers the Core of Knowledge syllabus – recommended by the UK Medical and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) as the minimum level of learning required by users of lasers, intense pulsed light and other optical radiation devices.
This engaging, interactive is available to healthcare professionals around the world, giving every treatment provider – doctors, nurses, therapists and other clinicians – 24/7 access to “Core of Knowledge” training in the safe use of lasers and other forms of optical radiation.
Consisting of eight elearning sessions, plus a final assessment, eLaser focuses on safety – protecting users, patients and other persons present during laser treatment
Each eLaser session, uses photographs, illustrations, animations and video to support the learning. Additional development opportunities are highlighted by linked references and next step suggestions to encourage further research.
Once you have completed the sessions and passed the assessment, you are awarded a British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons endorsed certificate that is valid for three years.
- Covers the Core of Knowledge syllabus
- Suitable for all users of lasers, intense pulsed light and other optical radiation devices.
- Certificate awarded on successful completion.
This online laser safety programme consists of a numbers of modules and covers subjects such as:
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- What is a laser
- Characteristic features of lasers
- Beam deliver systems
- Comparison of lasers and non-coherent sources of optical radiation.
The programme then moves on to:
- Laser-tissue Interactions
- Absorption properties of tissue targets and their effects
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- LED devices (and their hazards)
- Radiofrequency devices (and their hazards).
Modules also cover:
- Beam and non-beam hazards of lasers and other optical radiation devices
- Creating a safe environment for the use of lasers and other optical radiation devices.
The programmes finishes with a module covering how to use lasers and other optical radiation devices safely and steps to ensure safe treatment delivery, before acknowledge assessment.
For institutional purchase or bulk licences of our online medical courses, please contact us.